Jerry Sobel, M.D
Dr. Jerry Sobel is a board certified Physiatrist (Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation specialist). He graduated from the University of Michigan Medical School and completed his residency at the National Rehabilitation Hospital in Washington, D.C. He relocated to Arizona from the San Francisco Bay Area were he worked at the SOAR clinic. Dr. Sobel has worked at several large medical centers in the United States including the New England Baptist Hospital in Boston, MA, Stanford Medical Center in Palo Alto, CA, and he was an assistant professor of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation at the University of Texas Health Science Center in San Antonio, TX.
Dr. Sobel opened Sobel Spine and Sports in 2010. Dr. Sobel has over 25 years of clinical experience in pain management and sports medicine. His practice focuses on the treatment of acute and chronic pain syndromes including sciatica, chronic lower back pain, shoulder pain, elbow pain, hip pain and knee pain. Dr. Sobel has extensive experience and knowledge in the treatment of chronic tendinitis such as tennis elbow, Achilles tendinitis and calcific tendinitis of the shoulder. Dr. Sobel performs the revolutionary Tenex procedure for these chronic tendon injuries. Finally, Dr. Sobel performs EMGs to help diagnosis carpal tunnel and other nerve related pain problems.
University of Michigan (1977-1980)
University of Michigan Medical School (1980-1984)
Oakwood Hospital, Dearborn, MI- Internship (1985-1986)
National Rehabilitation Hospital, Washington, D.C.- Residency in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation (1988-1991)
American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation- 1992
- Assistant Professor, University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio,TX
- New England Baptist Hospital, Boston, MA
- New England Spine Care Center, Boston, MA
- Functional Restoration Associates, Dallas, TX Associate Medical Director- Productive Rehabilitation Institute of Dallas for Ergonomics- PRIDE, Dallas, Texas
- The Physiatry Medical Group/SOAR, Redwood City, CA
- Stanford Medical Center, Palo Alto, CA
- Medical Director- RESTORE/NovaCare Functional Restoration Program, Cupertino, CA